Thursday, August 28, 2008

A PJ-KL on route bus waiting for passengers !

I have not been going on our bus for quite sometime. Today, I decided to try this means of transport to go to the vicinity of University of Malaya .To my surprise, our Malaysian means of transport using the bus is still never changed ! We still cannot depend on the bus when we need it!

Previously, the bus broke down and we were stranded in Section 14 for almost an hour before we could get into another bus to continue our ride to KL. This delay caused further delay to Putrajaya because the E2 bus to Putrajaya had just left when I arrived at the Klang bus station . To continue my journey to Putrajaya, I had to wait for another half hour before the next bus came in. When I arrived at the Sentral Station Putrajaya, I too had to wait for another half hour before the local bus came along. So, in total, I had wasted two hours for my trip to Putrajaya by bus !

Today, the bus just stopped at the Section 17 flats' bus stop for about 7 minutes to wait for more passengers.The bus engine just stopped and there I saw the driver trying to catnap. Has this practice been observed since the recent oil price hike? So, if one has an important appointment , never rely on our buses! It is still safer and reliable to drive your own car. Are our transport services continuously affected by petrol price hikes? When is Malaysia going to have more reliable transport services ?

1 comment:

Swee Yen said...

Mrs Ng,

The waiting at Sect 17 is very "normal" even before the price hike. At times, they will wait for 10-15 minutes, depending on the time of the day !