Saturday, November 1, 2008

The joy of going back to the education world !

I happily returned to the education world two months ago and am glad that I had made this big step after my 20 months of retirement! There is always so much to learn about the technology and its new tools and also to share with a group of aspiring young teachers my experience. Today was our Open Day and I got to meet a very concerned group of parents. Again, I feel children of today are really lucky and parents really keep up with the advances in the education arena.

The school environment is really so conducive and I feel like being a student again! We have international staff over the International school at the moment and later on in January the rest of the Malaysian curriculum teachers will join in. We respect each other very much and the feeling of caring and concern is always in the air. The atmosphere is so different from my previous schools !

All the classrooms are air conditioned and new being a new purpose-built school.They are all equiped with LCD projectors, smart boards , metal cabinets,many shelves for books display and a computer for student's use besides one attached to the smart board. We have an air conditioned staff room, a cafeteria which serves tasty food , a large library and impressive buildings for the Science & Design Technology laboratories. The Science laboratories are so modern as well as well equiped.

I really look forward to more exciting weeks to come !

No comments: