Saturday, November 22, 2008

My care and concern is backfired !

Recent encounters outside my workplace tell me that what we perceive as caring and concerned may not be interpreted as such by people whom we refer to. I like to share opportunities with close acqaintances but I was on two occasions shocked to receive rather cold and unappreciated responses! So when is nice really nice ? No wonder we have a Chinese saying which says "It never pays to do matching ! " There is so much truth in this well known saying which describes an instance which shows that good intention is often not appreciated and so advising us not to help others on other matters which do not concern us.

I sometimes wonder when educated adults behave this way, what examples are we refering to to show to our young ones who will be watching every action and move of ours ! Even if one does not appreciate the other's good intention, a return call or a wish of thanks should be offered to the caring person. May be, I am a person who likes to think or analyse human behaviour alot and this kind of gesture is too much to ask for ! Please analyse and I always feel that I am on a correct track of perception!


On the other hand, one can be always be thinking of the best for others at one's own expense. Some people will just go on doing nice things without announcing it ! This practice may be taken for granted and no matter what one has done , it may be irrelevant when some kind of expectation is not met with. We have people who does not appreciate all the mundane practices done and I would like to say that it will be too late to show appreciation when the person is not there! Appreciate all the good things everyday , show one's appreciation and be happy everyday.Treat everyday as if it is the last day of one's life! Happiness is the way and take all these unpleasant rebounces as trivial !

No comments: